Latest News & Events

Mercedes-Benz Oman Closes 2015 with a Record Growth of 20%

01Jan-25 Mercedes-Benz Oman Closes 2015 with a Record Growth of 20%ZTC Driving the Sultanate’s Automotive Industry

Muscat, Mercedes-Benz Oman celebrated the culmination of a remarkable record-breaking 2015 for the iconic brand in the Sultanate. The results for the final three months of the year show a phenomenal 25% increase in sales compared to Q4 2014 while an incredible overall growth of 20% was reported for the year as a whole against last year. The Q4 2015 also saw demand for Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles rise by an astounding 45% in comparison to Q4 2014, with a total increase in sales of 33% for the high performance vehicles over the entire twelve-month period against 2014.

“A real high-point at the end of a truly fantastic year of continuous growth, these results are certainly a cause for celebration and a great start to 2016. Without doubt they are a tribute to the exceptional Mercedes-Benz line-up and the dedication of our team to offer the best possible service.” commented Clive Hammond, CEO of Zawawi Trading Company – Automotive. Hammond attributed the record-breaking results to the new stars in the Mercedes-Benz Oman line-up. Entering the market in the first quarter of 2015 were the avant-garde sporty four-door CLA Coupé, Mercedes-Benz’s first crossover, the GLA and the iconic ‘one man, one engine’ AMG GT S, all of which surpassed their sales targets within the year. The ultra-luxury Mercedes-Benz Maybach S-Class, a vehicle which epitomises peerless exclusivity, was also eagerly received by Oman’s most discerning customers in the first quarter of the year.

Taking the market by storm in the fourth quarter were three exciting new Mercedes-Benz SUVs, expressions not just of excellence in automotive design and engineering but of aspiration and exclusivity, adventure and excitement, luxury and lifestyle. Heading the trail-blazing trio was the Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 4MATIC Coupé. Combining the sportiness of a coupé with the strengths of an SUV, this car is considered the ultimate embodiment of success, style and performance. Its launch partners included the unrivalled all terrain GLC, and the all-new GLE, a premium SUV perfected in all disciplines to take on the world. In particular, sales of the GLE stood out, exceeding targets by 50%. Ending the year on a high note was the release of the new-generation A-Class, with its wider, sportier and feistier looks, allowing drivers to accelerate and live life to the fullest.

The strong performance of Mercedes-Benz Oman reaffirms both the unbeatable power of its product line-up and its customer-centric approach, delivering a consistent and excellent service quality from start to finish every time. Ensuring the continued delivery of the company’s ‘Best or Nothing’ philosophy will be sustained investment in the development of its employees. In this regard, in addition to Daimler Middle East regular advanced specialist training courses, Mercedes-Benz Oman will introduce in 2016 a new Foundation Training Program, dedicated to the perfection of a variety of soft skills and competencies across a range of professional disciplines within the automotive industry.

Building on the success of 2015, this year promises nothing but the best from Mercedes-Benz Oman. The next twelve months will see the launch of five thrilling new additions to the brand’s portfolio, along with four new editions of current models, all of which will drive Zawawi Trading Company towards achieving the Mercedes-Benz 2020 vision.