Departmental Secretary, in Dubai, UAE
- Vacancy ID
- United Arab Emirates
- Administration / Office Support
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced administrator to join our Mercedes-Benz Cars Sales & Marketing department located at our regional office in Jebel Ali. In this diverse and fast-paced role, you will be responsible for providing professional and timely support to the Director Sales & Marketing, the overall department and our valued business partners and stakeholders. As the successful candidate you will demonstrate flexibility in skills and attitude to be able to multi-task where necessary. You will be highly proactive with exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills. You will be computer literate and highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Cultural awareness in the Middle East as well as German and Arabic language skills are of advantage.
Secretary to the Director of Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars
- Take responsibility of answering the incoming telephone calls, forward them and/or take messages in the absence of the Director.
- Distribute incoming faxes and mails to the relevant manager in charge.
- Draft and type correspondence, handle incoming and outgoing mail, in addition to filing and good record keeping.
- Ensure correct completion of claims, submit them to Accounting & follow up on their payment.
- Assist in preparing reports & presentations (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Handle all translation matters (English / German/ Arabic).
- Organize calendars, memberships, greeting cards, newspaper subscriptions, hotel / restaurant booking.
- Take responsibility of Travel Management (flight booking, arranging visa, rent a car, hotel booking etc.)
- Prepare agendas for business trips and events.
- Elaborate programs for external visitors/ delegations and ensure smooth running and organization.
- Take care of guests (arranging catering, entertainment, hotel, flight, airport pick up, excursions)
- Prepare and schedule management meetings, minutes’ taking and distribution.
- Take responsibility of the department’s procurement related tasks, such as purchase requests and Service Agreement
- Prepare departmental meetings, minutes’ taking if and distribution if required.
- Arrange business visa for traveling staff.
- Handle hotel / restaurant bookings, airport pick up for all department guests.
- Ensure timely completion of approval process for business trips.
- Issue and assist with invitation letters for visa applications of General Distributors and their customers.
- Assist with the correct completion of claims, submit them to Accounting & follow up on their payment.
- Take responsibility of the preparation of newcomers’ workplace
- Take care of replacing the telephone operator in case of sick leave/ holiday and during the hours he/she is off duty (lunch break etc.) in coordination with other Assistants
- Analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong MS Office skills incl. Word, PPT, Excel
- Event Management
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Secretarial, Administrative and Personal Assistant Skills
- Good intercultural Skills
- English is a must, German and/or Arabic is a plus
Preferably University degree or equivalent